Qualification for SAILING Champions League 2017
Due to the high demand for places in the SAILING Champions League, the International Sailing League Association (ISLA) has decided on a modified qualification mode for the season 2017. 64 clubs will have the chance to qualify for the final in Porto Cervo, Italy in September – only the hosting club and the reigning SCL champion will automatically qualify for the SCL final.
Over 300 clubs are now competing in the 13 National Sailing Leagues that have been established all over Europe since 2013.
- 52 clubs, being the top 4 clubs from each 2016 national league, qualify for the SAILING Champions League 2017. These clubs will be assigned by lottery: 26 (2 from each nation) to each Act.
- 32 clubs will compete in each Act.
- 1 place at each Act is given to the hosting club (St. Petersburg Yacht Club in Russia and Segel-Club St. Moritz in Switzerland).
- 5 places at each Act are wild card spots that will be awarded to clubs from nations that are currently founding their National Sailing League, plus additional states (e.g. Malta and Monaco).
- The final in Porto Cervo will be for 32 teams: the top 15 clubs from each Act, plus a team from the host club (Yacht Club Costa Smeralda), and the current SCL champion (Deutscher Touring Yacht-Club from Germany).
Click here for the competition chart.